Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Dynamic Duo

"The Dynamic Duo"
Oil on linen canvas, 40 x 66 cm
2009

We had this halloween party and our kids we dressed up as an batman and as a little bat.
This painting is based on a few blurry photographs and pure inventions of stuff.

Work in progress closeup:

I got couple of new books today, Sorolla´s and Leyendecker´s books. Those masters really created a lot of awesome paintings and i just had to paint something after reading those books.

Amazon links:
J.C. Leyendecker
Joaquin Sorolla

3 comments:

jesusest@gmail.com said...

I love this painting, composition, color and the kids look, I find your art very fresh congratulations for your good work. I also love Sorolla, Leyendecker I don't know, but I am going to check it out in the net. cheers.

Antti Rautiola said...

Thank you very much!
Sure check it out!
Leyndecker was an illustrator before and at the same time as the Norman Rockwell.
They did pretty awesome imaginery.

Manuel CasaBranca said...

Great alla prima work. I also like to study Sorolla.
best regards from Portugal